Do you have what it takes to join our award-winning security teams? If you do we would love to hear from you. We have a number of exciting Stewarding positions across Dundee & Scotland.
Job Title: Event Steward
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Location: Liverpool and the North West
Salary: Starting at £9.50 per hour (depending on the event)
Hours of Work: depending on the event.
Contracted Hours: Casual 0 Hour Contract
PAYE – paid 15th each month
We are looking for experienced, honest, reliable, presentable and professional Event Stewards.
You will be working as part of a team and responsible for providing first class customer service, whilst ensuring the safety, security and health and safety of all attendees, contractors and staff.
We are looking to recruit Event Safety Stewards to work at various large events across Liverpool & the North West.
As an Event Safety Steward you will be responsible for creating a safe, secure and enjoyable environment for the client, and attendees. This may include:
- Greeting, assisting, directing and providing information to attendees.
- Carrying our pre and post event safety checks to check for hazards and to ensure compliance with safe working practices.
- Monitoring crowd movements and behaviour to identify potential issues or incidents and to take action as necessary.
- Staffing traffic barriers and directing traffic (not on public roads).
- Searching customers for prohibited items (if trained) to ensure that no prohibited or restricted items are taken into the secure zones.
- Checking entry tickets/wristbands.
- Directing customers to their allocated area / seats.
- Reporting any security incidents or concerns and dealing with emergency situations (such as first aid incidents, evacuations etc).
- Conducting regular foot or vehicle patrols.
Skills & Experience
We are looking for people with:
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service.
- Confident with interacting with people from different backgrounds.
- Reliable, honest and trustworthy with a good history of attendance and punctuality.
- A good understanding of the events industry or with previous experience of working in a similar stewarding role.
- Confident with following specific procedures and instructions.
- A 5 year checkable history including employment / unemployment / education / travel.
- Must be able to work in a team and / or alone
- Presentable and smart
- SIA licence (preferred but not essential)
Sound like something you want to be involved in? We would love to hear from you!
Simply apply by completing the online application form at: www.strongguardsecurity.co.uk/application-form and one of our recruitment team will contact you and discuss the next steps.
Currently, our recruitment process is being conducted remotely and will include a video interview.
Immediate start available– following a successful interview and provisional vetting.
Applicant must be able to provide a minimum of 5 years employment / unemployment / educational history (no gaps greater than 30 days). This is required for Screening and Vetting as per the current BS 7858.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer & SIA Approved Contractor