Our retail security solutions play a pivotal role in maintaining and enforcing your loss prevention strategies.
Rest assured, the experience and knowledge of our Security Officer and Store Detectives means that you can concentrate on your business objectives and targets without the stress and worry of having to concern yourself with the security side of your business.
We understand that the retail sector comes with incredibly unique challenges, this is where our dedicated and adaptable team of Retail Security Officers and Store Detectives play a vital role in the success of your retail establishment.
The effective execution of our Retail Security Solutions helps stores to reduce loss and act as a powerful visual deterrent, they also play a pivotal role in increasing ROI, improving brand image and boosting staff and customer retention.
We have a genuine expertise in retail security, providing a dedicated retail contract management team who form a strategic partnership with our clients to fully understand their business and the key risks they face.
We understand that theft is a growing concern for retailers, which is why our Retail Security solutions are tailored to meet your business needs and to achieve the objective of reducing theft and shrinkage, whether that be employee theft or shoplifting.
We work with local police authorities and other crime prevention agencies such as Retailers Against Crime to develop enhanced and effective strategies to tackle retail crime head on; protecting profits and creating safe and secure retail environments.
We provide fully SIA licensed and comprehensively insured Retail Security Officers, Store Detectives, Covert Security Officers, Retail Security Consultants and CCTV Licensed Officers, which can be provided on a temporary or permanent basis, all of whom have been stringently vetted to the BS 7858.
Our Security Officers and Store Detectives are equipped to deal with not just theft but any
security issue which may arise during the course of their duties and are all fully trained in the
- Conflict Management & Communications
- Dealing with Accidents & Emergencies (First Aid, Fire, Terrorism)
- Civil Recovery
- Loss Prevention
- PACE (Police and Criminal Evidence Act)
All our Retail Security teams are highly trained to:
- Recognise theft threats
- Ensure customers and staff feel safe by creating and maintaining a relaxed environment for shoppers and employees a like
- Provide ongoing surveillance of all areas
- Deter vandalism, fraud and internal theft
- Issue a civil recovery service to begin the process of reclaiming losses and costs directly from offenders.
This year’s key findings from the BRC are:
- the combined cost of spending on retail crime prevention and losses from crime to the retail industry is £1.9 billion;
- every day, including weekends, 115 colleagues are attacked, with many more threatened, across the retail sector;
- knives are seen as the most significant type of weapon;
- more than £700 million was lost to customer theft alone;
- although retailers are spending 17% more on cybersecurity than last year, nearly 80% of the retailers surveyed have seen an increase in the number of attacks and/or breaches; and
- around 80% of respondents describe the police response to retail crime as poor or very poor, with opinions generally better for violence than customer theft or fraud.
Threats to the Retail Sector in numbers: