Job Role: Security Officer
Salary: £10 per hour
Hours: As and when required. Monday to Friday.
Job type: Permanent / Part Time Contract
Job location: Nationwide
Company: StrongGuard Security UK LTD
Reporting to: Security Operations Manager
Job reference: Gov-Nationwide-14
Do you have what it takes to join our award-winning security teams? If you do, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for experienced, honest, reliable, and professional SIA Security Officers.
This is a permanent position, therefore candidates need only apply for this role if they can commit to the role and are flexible covering Monday to Friday days.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 09:00 – 18:00. As and when required by the client.
PAYE: paid 15th each month
Benefits: Pension, employee awards, employee assistance scheme, training & development, SIA licence renewals
You will be responsible for providing a first-class service, whilst ensuring the safety, security and health and safety of the premises, customers, and staff.
Duties to include (but not limited to):
- Provide assistance and support to the test centre staff and candidates.
- Report any suspected fraudulent activity to the centre manager in order for the centre manager to determine if fraudulent activity has occurred.
- Work in close partnership with the Client, centre staff, police, council and other relevant authorities.
- Represent the Client and the Provider to its accreditation by providing and maintaining an extremely high level of customer service at all times.
- Where it is safe to do so, challenging unacceptable behaviour from candidates who have been determined as a previously violent person (PVP).
- Assisting the centre staff and management to provide a safe and secure environment for the centre staff, the candidates and others in the environment alongside the protection of assets.
Applicants must possess the following:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be reliable with a good attendance record
- Must hold a valid SIA Security, Door Supervision or Close Protection licence
- Must be able to work alone and at times within a team
- Presentable and smart
- Be confident at communicating at all levels
- First Aid certificate (preferred)
- Driver with own transport (preferred)
Immediate start available: following interview (due to the current situation, interviews will be conducted via Zoom).
Applicant must be able to provide a minimum of 5 years employment / unemployment / educational history (no gaps greater than 30 days). This is required for Screening and Vetting as per the current BS 7858.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer & SIA Approved Contractor.